After A While

Ooo dearie me. My last post was April, 15th...and what date is it today? It's June, 9th!!! Aaaarrrgghh!! I failed again to do my updates...sigh...


Okay now...where shall I start then. Oo yes! Alvin's birthday was on April, 16th. I made him a birthday card (below), and in the evening after work, we went to Soho for dinner. No family dinner this year...strictly the 2 of us. So, anyways, I bought Alvin one of Star Wars action figures that he's been trying to collect. I don't remember which one...hehe...sooooorrrryyyyyy...




April 29th was Casey's 9th birthday. Casey is Alvin's nephew; Marilyn's youngest son. Also no family gathering this time...just a small party for the kids at Pizza Hut. Alvin and I only went to their house the next day to send Casey's birthday gift coz' we were tight up on his actual birthday.


The month of May....hmmm....something happened that we've never expected before but has been waiting for a loooooong time. Teeehehehehe! May 4th was Martin's birthday (don't remember how old he is). Martin is Casey's dad. No celebration for him as well, in fact, he went on a hunting trip with some of his buds. Well, I guess that's how he celebrates it on his own.


Anyhow, that exact same day (which will be remembered 4ever) was also the very same day when I found out that I was pregnant!!! Yes!! Praise God! I was feeling rather sick during the weekend so I decided to see the doctor that 4th morning. And the doctor confirmed my pregnancy of 5weeks. I still remember that I just sat there with my mouth opened looking at the doctor blankly. It felt so unreal and even up till today, at times, I still couldn't believe that I am going to join other mothers next year standing up during Mother's Day celebration day at church and wait for the Sunday School kids to distribute small gifts to us for appreciation. Teehehehe...right now it really feels like a funny thought;P. So we told Marilyn, then went to Pujut house to share the news with them (Angela and family and parents in-law). They're all thrilled. And my pregnancy journey has begun...


May 9th, Lily's birthday (my colleague). Gave her a card (below) and a cute sundry bag...to bad I didn't get to take a snap of the bag. But I'm glad she liked it:p.




May 10th, we had our church organized a Mother's Day Celebration at the Mega Hotel ballroom. It was supported by many from other churches as well. Maggie and I became back up for Jo in singing, then we had Adam singing one malay song for us...an old P. Ramlee song entitled "Ibu". Overall, we had an enjoyable evening;p.


May 15th - 20th, I followed Alvin to KL. He's having his 2 days training there on the 18th & 19th, so we took an earlier flight a few days before with the hope of doing some shopping and catching up with old friends, and of course to meet up with my cousin Ivy there. To cut the story short, yes, we were with Ivy at most times, I did meet Shirley Yeo and catch up a while, went to Mike and Ada's place, but I didn't have fun shopping. I fell sick with fever and started coughing. I was really worried that it might affect the baby so I was kinda hit by panic and it was quite stressful. Oo well...I'm glad I get to go anyway. I bet the next time I get to go again would be...err...7-10 years to come. But that's alright, KL would have more excitement to offer by then (trying to comfort myself actually...huhu):p.

Oo yes! May 16th was Connie's birthday. I sent her birthday wishes via sms when I was in KL. I gave her a Daily Prayer book for women and a card (below) as her present. She's a very dear friend to me and may God bless her abundantly.




June 1st, Gawai fever is all around. Alvin and I stayed put in Miri, so did Marilyn and family. Alvin's parents went back to Lundu, while Angela and family went to KL...coming back tonight actually. Our Gawai was quiet this year, lazying around the house, catch up with friends (Adeline, Thomas and their 2 boys came back from KL for the holidays), went out with Marilyn and family, lepak with the 3 Sidie's girls for Rojak and Cendol, etc.


Well, today is the 2nd day at work after the long holiday. Alvin's parents came back from Kuching yesterday evening. Then we went to Cafe Miri for a western dinner, Marilyn and her kids came along as well (Alvin's mum belanja...kehkeh). Reached home 10pm...with a panting spell coz perut so kenyang. Haha!

Comments

Evonne said…
Heheheh...me can't wvait to be aunty Evonne!! Lalalaaa...

LOve the cards! Which reminds me...that I need to start my injin already.....! :P

Popular Posts