Finally Got The Chance...

Well waddaya know...it's middle of September already!  Bummer.  I thought I'd manage to cover all the things in my to do list for last August but somehow still had to skip some due to time constrain.  I feel like we're travelling in light-speed here (imagining myself in uniform living in Star Trek Enterprise) because time just pass by too fast nowadays.  If only there's a nob or a button somewhere where I could slow down the time a little. Yea...right...

But I have a very proud moment early this month.  For the first time, Evonne and I got the chance to open up a booth for Live-Love-Craft!  Yes!!!  We have the church to thank for...for organizing it's yearly Carnival Church Sale.  The moment I got to know about it, I immediately told Evonne about my ideas.  Coincidently, I was browsing Dear Lizzy's blog just before that.  And I knew right then how I would want the booth to look like.  My Mentor (Lizzy..of course. Although she doesn't know it yet...) has inspired me yet again!  We did some discussions, a little brainstorming so to say...and once agreed, we got on to the whole preparation.

We got Magdalene, Roskina, Alvin and Adam involved as well.  Rose helped with cutting all the butterflies and the flower stems, Adam did the LLC's cloud banner, Mag helped to do the cute bantings, the flower centers, the plastic bags, the magazine holder, and some others.  Alvin helped out with some of the cards, the final set up, and baby sit during the sale.  They were all so brilliant in what they did and I am so proud of them.  Meanwhile, Evonne and I managed to come up with 40 bookmarks, 40 greeting cards, 40 notebooks, and 10 packs of crafts kits.  Not forgetting the decorated jars, the photo frames, and the scrapbooks that we made for display at the booth and yes...our very own business cards to give away.  Truth be told, it drove us up the wall and certain things almost gave me a heart attack.  Seriously.  Because this is very very important to me and I really wanted to make sure that it worked.  I take LLC seriously and I hope and pray that Evonne and I will make it big one day soon.  Amen to that.

On the sale day itself, we managed to get RM369 in profit.  Praise the Lord!  Yeay!!!  All profit went to the New Church Building's Fund.  And guess what?  We won the Best Decorated Stall competition!!!  Yippie Yeay!!!  I really wished that Evonne was there but coincidently she already had plans to go on a holiday in S'pore with her family (sticking tongue out).  But above all, I am very happy with the way things turned out for the booth.  It wasn't about winning the competition, but it was about helping the church, it was about getting known to the youth especially as we try to help pull them into joining the AYC (Anglican Youth Council) gradually, it was about getting LLC known to public as well.

Moving forward, Evonne and I have already got some new projects to do.  I'm glad I managed to get some time to "breath" during the Raya's holiday and I had a long rest this weekend as well.  Malaysia Day falls on the 16th so Alvin and I took our Annual Leave on Friday, 17th.  We're so happy we had 2 long weekends to spend with baby X.  He is such a handful now but we're so happy to be with him nonetheless.

So this is it.  Time to start crafting again!  Ooo did I tell you I started scrapbooking?  O my word...I'm hooked line and sinker!  I'll definitely show you some of my first few masterpieces..hehe.

Alrighty then...back to work now!


The night before...

The Carnival Sale day...woohooo!!

Comments

Maggie said…
Once again.. Good Job Ladies! So proud of you!
Susan John said…
Glad to share the fun with you Aggie. *hugs*
Jun Jun said…
Susan, so proud of you...you really did a great job...nice stall :)
Susan John said…
Jun Jun...you should have come. Connie and Rose came to support! Hehe!
Evonne said…
Great great job! Hehee! Sumi, I heard that there's gonna be a Christmas Bazaar next year in Miri!! *raise eyebrow & mata membesar*
Susan John said…
A Christmas Bazaar, Pondy? Coolness!! Let's pray it happens! Weeheeehehehe!

Popular Posts