Gawai Holiday

We were in Kuching for the recent Gawai holiday.  Alvin, little X, and I went down by land together with Alvin's parents, his sister Marilyn and her family.  Our road trip started at 6am and we reached Kuching at exactly 10pm!  We were exhausted from the bumpy ride but were happy to have reached Kuching (or home for me :D) safely.



We were worried that little Xavier would get restless and wouldn't stand even an hour in his car seat but he really surprised us.  He stayed in his seat the whole way through and seemed to have really enjoyed his trip.  Thank God for that ;)


I was so anxious to be going home.  I knew it was going to be a quiet Gawai this time and I knew I would be struggling to contain all the sadness of not having Mom around anymore to greet us when we reach Kuching.  But I just wanted to be home...where my sibblings and my Dad are still there...and my lovely friends are there.  These are the people that I have to go home to. 


 Xavier had so much fun hopping on rides anywhere he can see them in town.  Haha!

 Our Gawai 'spontaneous' family photo.  Haha!


Blurry yet cute photos of these 2 munchkins (Xavier with cousin Damia)...all sweaty from playing at the staircase of Inik Icit (Great GrandMa) Lundu's house, taken on the 2nd day of Gawai.

Dearest sweet Inik Icit (Great Grandma).

Another blurry photo of my Tasmanian Devil.  He just won't stay still!  Maybe I should try strapped suit on him next time?  Kidding!

 A snapshot with Inik Icit before we go off.





Xavier's first time at the beach.  We went to Abang Amin's beach in Sematan, Lundu.  Xavier didn't really like the sun and the heat but he loved playing with his windcatcher and playing in the water.



Sunset on the way back to Kuching.  We enjoyed our trip this time...short and sweet :).  My focus was to expose Xavier to different places, and most importantly to bring him see his other family members, especially his great grandmother.  I know he won't remember all these when he grows up but at least his Daddy and I will remember, the Aunties and Uncles and older cousins will remember, and Inik Icit will remember too.  Accompanied by photos, we will all help him to remember these beautiful moments.

On the way back to Miri, I had a short recap in my head.  I had a good time :).  I was worried that I'd get all dramatic and sad to the core...but I didn't.  When I went to Mom's grave, I was even able to whisper to her a secret and had a quiet giggle before I left.  I am so happy with this improvement. 

Now I can re-organise myself back on track again with all the things that I'd left behind a few months ago.  My passion for crafting.  I did some digital scrapbooking during the mourning period just to divert my mind from all the sorrow and sadness.  But now I can sit down and play with my papers and scissors again :).

So in Live-Love-Craft you'll see a slight improvement.  It all starts with baby steps.  Soon there's a surprise coming up and Evonne and I are both excited about it, but we are anxious as well.  We pray that all with go on well with God's help and blessings.
Meanwhile,  I would like to share a short daily insight with you here.  I hope it gives you as much peace as it does to me :)

At Peace With Your Purpose

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.  For He Himself is our peace.
Ephesians 2:13-14 NKJV

Are you at peace with the direction of your life?  If you're a Christian, you should be.  Perhaps you seek a new direction or a sense of renewed purpose, but those feelings should never rob you of the genuine peace that can and should be yours through a personal relationship with Jesus.

Have you found the lasting peace that can be yours through Jesus, or are you still rushing after the illusion of "peace and happiness" that our world promises but cannot deliver?  Today, as a gift to yourself, to your family, and to your friends, claim the inner peace that is your spiritual birthright: the peace of Jesus Christ.

Let's please God by actively seeking, through prayer, "peaceful and quiet lives" for ourselves, our spouses, our children and grandchildren, our friends, and our nation. - Shirley Dobson.


Comments

Popular Posts