New Beginning

I finally get to update my blog. *cricket...cricket.....!* Yup, that's the sound that you get to hear from my blog; once in a while you even get to hear a toad or two...and an owl!!!

Yes, I've been away on a "trip".....a trip that have changed my whole life. I was in a Boot Camp...a Baby Boot Camp...lol! Straight to the point, I became the mother to baby Xavier Sijun Alvin Bugak on the 29th of December, 2009. On the delivery day, on the way to the hospital I was overwhelmed with excitement, bloody nervous, and was already in slight pain. I knew that, very soon, Alvin and I will never be alone again in our humble little house, and yet I still don't really know what to expect. I got some guidance and tips from my mum, friends and colleagues, and a manual handbook that was borrowed to me by one of my colleagues' sister, who by the way, has got 7 kids of her own!!! I simply salute the woman...God bless her for her compassion.

I don't know where to start on my sharing about the experience of giving birth, being in confinement, having a baby to care for, having to take care of myself (physically & mentally) too, etc. but I will say that it was all worth it. Words just cannot describe the feeling and the love that I have for my dear little son. Although of course, feeling down and depressed can really become so overwhelming at most times. I worry about so many things, when just a moment ago I was talking to God and telling Him that I surrender everything to Him. Yea right.....(eyes rolling)...in a split second later I could go panic and asked God again "how about this leh God?...how about that one leh?". I doubt, I fear, I was overwhelmed with anxiety. Is that part of what they call Postnatal? I've asked some of my colleagues who've had more than one kid...they're also not so sure about it. Hmmmmm...I would like to believe so though...then I can get away with it? Lame excuse!

Oo yes...my colleague, Scott Lai, also just became a father recently on the 18th of February to a cute little baby girl named Elise Lai, weighing at 2.6kg. She's simply adorable. Most of our other colleagues would catch us giggling at the office front counter or copier machine or in the pantry,...it may have given them the wrong picture but we were actually having so much fun talking and sharing about our little babies, and what they made us learn every day.

So as a start for the new year, I will leave you with Xaviers photos. Cheers!










Comments

Popular Posts