This too shall pass...

When you mourn for someone, nobody can tell how long you will be able to let go at least most part of it.  I hope I can let go of the sorrow real soon.  I know Akik (grandpa) wouldn't like us to mourn for him too long...he's a tough and disciplined person...so I know he'd expect us to carry on without thinking too much of him.  The face may be smiling and the voice could be heard laughing...but the heart and soul have all the true stories.  I miss you Akik.  Though you don't say much but we can always feel your love for us.

I was only 5 years old when you brought me to the old grocery store quite far away from our house in Kuching.  For a 5 year old, half a 5 minutes' walk is considered veerrryyy far away for me.  I remembered feeling giddy and all sweaty upon reaching the grocery store, even though I walked under my little white and pink umbrella that you bought for me the week before.  But I will never forget that walk we had.  You never let go of my hands.  Once in a while you'd pick me up and carry me (actually you carried me 90% of the way).  I remember we were talking about flowers and leaves along the way (again...actually it was me talking most of the time...amazed at the wild flowers and plants along the road side that were mostly taller than me) and I remember your constant smile...once in a while you would chuckle at my comments (I don't remember what they were but I suppose they were quite amusing to you then).

Gradually but slowly, I think I can let go of you now Akik.  I know for sure that you are in a better place now with Him by your side, smiling upon us.  But one thing that we would always have, is the memories of you that we will carry as our strength and comfort till the end of time.

Farewell Akik.  We love you.  May the grace of God be with your soul forever...Amen.



Comments

Popular Posts