They're Gone...

25th June, 2009 will not be just an ordinary date to people around the world from now on. Well, some may be celebrating their birthday on this date, or other occassions for that matter...but this is one particular date of the year where people around the world would remember this one extraordinary man...Michael Jackson.

He died of cardiac arrest at his rented home at 12:40pm that day, at the age of 50. Just like most other people out there, I am not a die hard fan but I admire him as a very gifted entertainer; a trendsetter in both music and fashion industry. He was the 'Elvis' of our era. He's been a great influence to the world...well, I for one, had a fair share of it; I love some of his songs but never got myself to buy any of his cds. Maybe I should...soon.

Rest in peace Michael...

Farah Fawcett also died on the same day, at the age of 62. She was suffering from anal cancer. She was famous for acting in the Charlie's Angels tv series in the 80s. I can't say much about her because I wasn't a fan...but I know she was known as sex symbol then; you can say that she was their 'Pamela Anderson' in the 80s.

You rest in peace too Farah...

Comments

Popular Posts