DIY

I have not done this in so many years.  The last time was when I moved back to Kuching from KL in 2003.  I wanted to make my comeback exciting so I decided to revamp my bedroom.  So it's very exciting to be able to do this again.

Here's the thing.  My present craft room has never really materialize ever since we moved in to this house for reasons that's not necessary to be shared here.  So I thought re-decorating it could be a good thing to do.  Plus I need to make it more comfortable as a guest room as well, considering we only have 3 rooms in the house.  The other one has been converted into a "Vader Room" (eyes rolling) by the husband.  Boooooooo...!

Anyway, so for a starter, I went around and found a small rack that I thought would go perfect with my white working table.  Plus, it's very cute.  Hehe!  The only thing is it needs a little painting work and that was what I really needed.  A diy to boost the creativity momentum. *wink*

A few reminders here before getting started with a painting job.  Get ready:

1)  some old newspapers
2)  a pair of hand gloves (if you don't want to smear your fingers and hands and have hell at scrapping them off later on)
3)  a small bottle of thinner (just in case you forget to get your hand gloves and had to scrap the paint off later, this helps speed up the process.  Also, it helps to clean the paint brush later.)
4)  a good quality paint brush.  For me, I used a small sized one because the rack is small.
5)  a pair of face mask (some paint produces very strong smell and that's not good for the health)
6)  a good quality paint colour of your choice.  I chose white ;)

So here's a few shots of my diy rack done halfway.


The folded rack just out from the plastic ;p
Unfold the side flaps to pull out the one tier rack

Insert in the wooden pole on to the holes bored on the side flaps...and voila!  A cute wall rack ;p
Below are shots of my first layer of paint (one side first) on all parts.  Tips: you can paint the rack without un-assembling the parts but you will have some parts hidden and unpainted so that won't look good by the end of the day.  I like to un-assembly the whole thing, do the painting job, re-assembly, and get the best work done ;p.

 


Now I can't wait to do the 2nd layer (or 3rd..your preference), reassembly after it's all completely dry, and install it on the wall of my working table.  Of course, the installing part will be with the help of DH...hehehe.

So...have you got any DIY in mind?  Share it with me and keep on creating :p  Tootles!

By the way, Live-Love-Craft is having it's last day of Discount Week todayGet there now if you have not done so and happy shopping ;p

Comments

Popular Posts