Don't Let Me Let Go Yet



I missed my Currently Monday and some other posts again this time.  We had to make some decisions the last few days and this morning we finally went and pulled Xavier out of the pre-school that he's been going to since April.  We're very sad over this because we love the place and the location of the school.  But due to some changes in Xavier's behavior which was not pleasant to us and we even found a few signs of abuse, that's when we knew we had to do something fast before anything worst happens.

Now we're in a phase of finding a new pre-school for him.  But we're concerned more about him especially.  The poor thing have to get adjusted again to new school, new environment, new teachers, and new friends.  I can only imagine how confusing it would be for him.  I pray and hope he would understand why we're doing this when he's grown a lot older.

Sometimes I wish I don't have to send him to school.  That I would quit my job or work from home so I can be with him every day, so I can protect him at any time, so no harm could come to him.  And I am pretty sure there's many other mothers or parents who have the same wish or comforting imagination.  But there's only so much we can do as parents.  Being too protective over our child(ren) can be a negative thing as well.  So how protective can we be?  I suppose it depends on how much we can let go and let them somewhat freely grow and learn about the world and its reality.  But for now, please allow me to be worried, to be protective over my one and only son because I'm not ready to let go yet.


Comments

Popular Posts