Secret Recipe's Blunder...

Wow! I have been pretty busy the last 2 weeks...at some point I thought I just couldn't catch up. But don't worry...mummy and baby masih steady healthy lagi ya...hehe. The last 2 weekends ago, Evonne and I attended the Sharing of Ministry Abroad (SOMA) talk that went on for 2 nights, Sunday & Monday night. It was a good talk indeed, shared by Reverand Titus Soo from Singapore. His sharing was crisp, straight to the point and easy to comprehend.


Due to this, we delayed our Weekly Challenge for LLC which we only managed to update on Thursday afternoon! Yikes! However, orders must be done and delivered and so I managed to make 2 cards for orders; the Baby Blue card requested by Wilhelmina, and the Birthday card requested by Nurul Izza for her husband, Nazmi. For Nurul, I didn't only had to make the card but also to help her organize a small birthday party for the hubby in the office, fyi the hubby is my colleague...hehe. Nurul is in Australia pursuing her study so all the while, we have been communicating through email on the arrangements for the party. And yes, I know...it's fasting month but Nurul has insisted on the party to go on...she just want to belanja Nazmi's colleagues on his birthday since she's not able to be here personally. "Yeay! Makan kek mahal free"...says one of my colleague, Jack. It's exciting to be able to help her with the arrangements. Putting a smile on someone's face is always a wonderful God given experience :). And when is the birthday? It's today!! Eeek! Eh? Apasal tetiba ada nervous sket nih? Jamban betul! Well, I've got most of the things done already, except for the soft drinks which I will get after lunch later. Oo ya! I've got to ask Connie if she brings in her camera today...otherwise, June's super handy mobile phone will do. Hehe...


Oo ya...let me tell you about the cake. Nurul requested to get a Chocolate Banana cake from Secret Recipe. And when I got there, they told me they don't take orders and they can only sell one whole cake for selected cakes only...and Choc Banana is one of the cakes that are not available to be sold as a whole...they can only sell them in slices. What?! Weird..weird policy for a fine franchise. That really turns me off. Anyway, I got the Chocolate Indulgence cake as a replacement. And to tarnish Secret Recipe's image a lot more, is the English that the waitresses used. Mak Datok! Nenek aku pun boleh cakap English better than that! Come on laaa...you're working at Secret Recipe...halooo! Yesterday I really felt I was getting a cake from kedai kopi cina mane entah. Come to think of it, I don't really blame the workers...they might be very good in their work, but cannot speak good English. But the employer(s)...halooooo...give them proper training la...it is your responsibility to jaga their welfare and equip them with the knowledge to be better workers...of course this will help your business also mar...aiyooo ama apa. Seriously, yesterday when I was there...there were only a few tables occupied by those who were there to break fast. Funny...where are the rest of the patrons???


Anyway...below are the pics of the cards made.




Left: Baby Blue Birthday Card
Right: Nazmi's Birthday Card

Comments

Popular Posts